Outside of amazing Portuguese food that was covered by our boss (score!), today was rather uneventful. Of course, the night is not over, but things have certainly simmered down. We sat in a linguistic theory class this morning where I learned linguistic theory not having a lot to do with what I'm actually teaching, but I learned it nevertheless. Then it was off to lunch, a tour of a gym (which if I choose to join will cost me from $50 American to $100 American depending on how long I commit...will I stay in shape for that much money? haha, it was free in America and I didn't use it!...in other words, we'll see). After that we bought sim cards for our cell phones (local prepaid ones) and got information on the language classes we can take around our work schedule.
Tomorrow we go to immigration and have been told it can easily take 3 to 4 hours waiting for your turn. This is the point I am thankful for music and books...and hopefully comfy chairs at immigration?
In other exciting news, the chairman of the center we are working for is Professor Mao. Soak that in, I am working for chairman Mao. lol. And our school is next to the PLA (People's Liberation Army) building. That means we're safe. Their involvement in Macau is limited in comparison to China and mostly is for military/foreign affairs. It's all rather comical though.
Oh, and this just in: my colleague Lauren just got on a website that was trying to get her to upgrade from Internet Explorer. It said, "every time you use Internet Explorer, a puppy is strangled....please upgrade to Chrome, Mozilla, etc. for the love of puppies." Then it had a link to the other browsers, a link for puppies, and a picture of a cute golden Labrador puppy. Classy. By the way, it does not actually strangle puppies. No worries.
Well, that's about all the writing juice I have for today. I had the most wonderful milk tea today. Milk tea is a cold drink popular in Asia consisting of milk, tea, and sweetener. The one I ordered at the Portuguese restaurant was brought to me in 3 containers I had to mix together, and I made it simply ah-mazing! I guess at this point the milk tea calories are about out...at least the ones that can be converted to writing blogs.
Yum,
Chelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment