Monday, August 29, 2011

New territory, but I am not Columbus

We have arrived in the luxurious Macau!

Earlier today, after lunch and a tour of MPI and just needing a bit of a break, I climbed into my KING SIZE BED in the room ALL BY MYSELF...that was for emphasis because my last hotel room that I shared was about the size of a king size bed. Anyway, back to the story, so I got out my laptop because I understood we had free wifi at this hotel and I typed into Word this lovely blog full of energy and vigour and humor to make even a snail laugh (p.s. their sense of humor stinks). It was after that that I discovered the wifi was not free in the lobby as I thought. Oh giddy me! (that was a play on an earlier blog, FYI)

So. Since I have already used my blogging energy for today, here's a quick little sum up of today: early morning luggage, taxi with bungee cords, Kenisha's luggage handle breaking, Ray explaining 'awkward turtle, awkward cow, and awkward ultrasound' to Donna (from HK) in Cantonese (it may not have crossed cultural understanding. lol). Then it was on to getting stuck in line because I didn't have a paper I didn't know I needed, riding a ferry that made a 6 hour ride into 1.25 hours and thus felt like a galloping horse, meeting up with a lady who was similar to an interesting character belonging at Hogwarts, getting a cubicle!!!!, touring MPI, dropping things with chopsticks, holding things with chopsticks, Disney soundtrack cool down, blister scab still existing, lots of heat, noodle soup for dinner, walking way out of our way after looking at the fountains outside the MANY casinos here (but not 'lost' because we've been told it's almost impossible to get lost in Macau), and finally crashing back in our hotel.

Yeah.

Breathe. It's a lot.

So the weather is HOT here, they don't put vegetables in a lot of their foods (so be happy mom, your kid wants to eat veggies!), and the school we are at is even nicer, newer facilities than my Alma Mater. (We have smart boards).

That's pretty much the update in the life of this'un. Oh, and on the way back to the hotel I grabbed an apple juice at the store. I was like 'Minute Maid, picture of apple, safe!' No. There's this thing with Asians; they like texture in their drinks and they don't generally do ice. So every once in a while I stumble upon what I like to call 'clumpies' in my drink. I call them this because they are intentional bits of aloe. Yes, you read that right, the plant you use for sunburns is in my belly. It's weird for me on the way down, but it doesn't really have a flavor. Appreciate your ice for me today. lol. I'm not complaining though, let's put that on the record. I will be dodging Minute Maid Apple Juice Macau Style in the future.

Now, back to the business of enjoying not walking or standing in a queue. Rough day packing 150 bajillion pounds of luggage. I am woman, hear me roar.

Chels

No comments: