Paperwork, lesson planning, and teaching all passed rather quickly today with no problems. All our university classes are cancelled, so we have more time away from the office to do research this week.
My 1st grade class was pretty well behaved today. I'm finally getting to the point where they understand yelling 'let me try' is not Ms. Hawwwws way of doing things. I'm not sure why the other teachers have trained them this way because it's unnecessary noise, but they have. I suppose you could argue that they're learning by repetition by yelling that same phrase. I prefer to teach them in other, quieter ways. Today, that meant naming my fists Bob and Dot to help them remember which way the lower case 'b' and 'd' faced. Not going to lie, I did not come up with the idea on my own.
Tomorrow, Athena and I will try to get our Chinese visas...I hope we are successful and things go smoothly. I would have liked to gone to Zhuhai on Thursday, but who knows if that will happen. Oh the suspense.
Pictures!:
These are essentially cardboard cut outs part of the Fringe Art Festival in Macau. These modern dressed people in random positions are being led by the traditional Liberty.
Papaya trees on Lantau Island in Hong Kong. Lauren is very good with spotting plants and was explaining to me how these start similar to weeds. Mmm papaya is good.
One of the many little bays we walked along from one Mei Wo, Lantau to Discovery Bay, Lantau. Oh, the beauty of nature.
...and the very best of all: mail time. Here's the crazy awesome spread I got today. Can you resist? The answer is no. These are from the lovely 'Beccer' and kids group from Wednesday night church (put together by the lovely Tiffany and Tammy. Thanks everyone :)
Onward.
1 comment:
You really could "dot" someone's eye eh??? dll
Post a Comment