Angie and I did dinner tonight at a noodle place and then went back to her apartment to watch her roommates decorate a gingerbread cookie kit for a bit. After that, I picked up some apples on the way home that were pretty much rotten (they were really cheap). I am reminded by what Sweet Home Alabama says about rotten fruit in regards to people...sometimes the ones that look the worst are the sweetest [for making jam]. I did not make jam. Instead I cooked the apples and then mixed in pancake mix, a bit of brown sugar and milk. The end result was a delightful semi healthy treat.
I'm working on getting my suitcase in order for 1 week!! It's crazy to think how soon my trip is coming and how long I have been in Macau. Please be in prayer for safety, timeliness, and good weather as I travel next weekend.
Tonight I made some wire art with wire made for easy molding. Here are 2 of my creations:
Last, finding these was basically the highlight of my day today. It's only like 60 degrees here, but the humidity and wind coming off the water makes it feel so much colder. I get pretty excited about mittens and gloves with cheesy designs, and since I left my firetruck mittens back in the states--voila! :)
2 comments:
Very creative art Chels! Reminds me of your Dad.
The apples describe me to a tee...those that are the ugliest..... AMc
i reckon you aare both rotten then....dll
Post a Comment