This morning I woke up early not because of jet lag issues, but because I went to sleep at about 9:30 and it was 6am and my stomach was yelling for nachos or some equivalent. lol I was hungry and had 8.5 hours of sleep, who can blame me?
I also had a really strange dream which I do not recall now (though I did when I woke up) that woke me at 5 this morning with some strange liquid running from my eyes...tears, much?
So with all these factors combined and attempting to listen to my iPod to help me get back to sleep (as this is the morning I get to sleep in!), I began to miss people from home. I won't list names of who I was missing because I don't want anyone to feel excluded, but it was enough to get me thinking. I thought, as I was missing persons x, "do I miss Jesus?" That is--when we go these periods of time that we don't speak to Him or read His Word, is it the same longing to see Him, be held by Him, hear from Him, etc. that we get from 2 week long vacations from our precious toddlers or spouses? Well, it should be. So that was my wake up call to my wake up...call.
I hope you guys enjoy your Saturday evenings as you prepare for your Sundays. Just remember, there is something far more important than what concerns you. Is it readily on your mind?
A little reflection I thought worth sharing. Love.
1 comment:
i have water in my eyes from reading your blog....i hope that you have a wondrous first Sabbath in Asia. love.
Post a Comment