Saturday, December 10, 2011

Joseph, Andy, and the great winter non-snow-snowstorm

"Oh my, oh my, we're lazy and fly,"--this is what Athena said to describe our day today. Okay, she actually said that after I told her to say it. It's a good description for our day though. We were sitting here talking about what all we've accomplished today and realized...there wasn't actually much. Both of us stayed up significantly late (4am for me, 5:30 for her) and thus woke up at noon. I woke up and worked on packing a bit before Ray suggested we have snack bonding time. Okay, he didn't call it that, but that's what it was. Off to Pacific Coffee we went, racing through the mobs of people in Senado. Weekends are especially ridiculous for crowd navigation. Some days it seems people just resolve to stand still versus moving forward on the street...I find that REALLY helps progress ;) At one point in the 3 of us racing to get through, an American tourist told me 'good luck.' I responded, 'ha, I work here, I walk through this every day.' I figure if there is a black belt for crowd navigation then it's on my waist!

Running home to change, catching the bus, and staff Christmas party followed. The Christmas party was at a snazzy place and the buffet wasn't bad, but most of our department wasn't there. We were informed afterward that most of the people we work with don't come, and that only the ones with kids do. I could see why...the kids get free bags of goodies! After Athena recovered from non-goodie bag depression, we departed ways and came home to have cinnamon apple hot tea and a ridiculous movie night. Athena's one of those really sweet people who just likes to be nice--what's with that, right? ;) She realized that I was freezing and decided to use up her expensive little pocket/hand warmers she'd bought. They are these neat little things called 'tic toc stove' that are shaped like characters. You click this thing inside them, and the rest is kind of like a glow stick in how it works...minus the glowing part, of course. Chemical reactions and such end in a warm snowman (I don't know how he doesn't melt! ;)). So here are our fine fellowed friends Joseph (the bear) and Andy (the snowman). And someone has bought Joseph a flower with a bad hair day! (that would be my creation during tonight's movie).



That's pretty much our lazy day. Church in the a.m. As Tiny Tim, Bob Dylan, or someone maybe said once, "merry weekend to all, and to all a good night." And for you, maybe you're thinking 'end of blog; good riddance.' ...now don't think like that, it couldn't have been as bad as a burnt set of cookies...now, that's a tragedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

confusius say; "she who stay up til 4:00 am miss church alarm"...dll