Monday, June 18, 2012

Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high...on Reading Rainbow

This morning I dropped some books off at one of my primary schools. I guess that's the last time I'll be there. Not so sad about that. I saw one of my 5th grade boys in Taipa last night. It is nice having a little fan club that shouts your name when you're walking the streets, I'm not going to lie.

I went to drop some things in Senado this afternoon and, as it has been consistently doing here, the rain began. I didn't fuss, but decided to go into Starbucks and read my Bible a bit...but perhaps God had a different plan. I crossed paths with Hugh--a guy I'd met on the bus probably 6 months ago who's married to a VP at the Venetian. It turned into a conversation about life, business and entrepreneurship that was very encouraging and lasted over an hour. I love when God has those domino events that lead you to just the right place at the right time. So be aware of where your storms might be trying to lead you today--there's more to it than just the downpour. Someone to meet or something to learn/gain is on the other side of that cloud, I guarantee it.

This evening Athena and I went out to dinner, walked around Taipa and went to a butterfly exhibit.  We walked past the Taipa Houses Museums after dinner and saw about 5 frogs. This reminded me of youth camp (which is going on this week). We also saw several slugs. Athena said, "welcome to the subtropics," to which I responded, "no, welcome to somewhere that's not New York City." haha. It's been interesting this past year for a country girl to watch a city girl experience bugs and the outdoors. Funny girl.
Butterflies!

I drank my last Ale8 today on a Skype call with Mike (who sent me the box with them in it months ago). This and my fight against grocery store shopping--which you know is one of my weaknesses--is one more sign that I'm coming home soon!

No comments: