Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tile...oh, did you mean sand?

So I know the past 24 hours you've been sitting in suspense about how the weather was today and whether or not I had incredible adventures. Well, I will tell you this--I laid out. . . in my living room. After a promising morning and early afternoon in the office, the gray settled in. I actually did lay out in my swimsuit in my living room, but that was because A/C costs money and a swimsuit makes it a bit more bearable in this weather. So I laid in the living room and read after applying for more jobs. A job I applied for today had a questionnaire that took me 1.5 hours...I better get that job.

Here was the most profound thing I read today in Stormie Omartian's Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On, "Every relationship requires a sacrifice. Every sacrifice has a reward. If we knew the rewards, we wouldn't hesitate to make the sacrifices. Part of the sacrifice we must pay in a relationship is laying down our pride and our needs. We need to be loved, cared for, valued, respected, but we never get those needs met when we demand them. We get them met when we give them up. Humbling ourselves and putting the other person's needs before our own can resurrect a relationship that has suffered mortal wounds." (Italics hers).

Since I was not out and about, this was the adventure of the day: learning how to peel and eat a pomelo, and trying one for the first time.
 Pomelo=giant citrus fruit the size of your face.
 See how thick that skin is?! I used a knife, effort and far too much time to get those puppies off.
Alas, a fruit similar to grapefruit, though a bit sweeter I think--though less sweet than an orange.

Tonight, we discussed the fruit of the Spirit at Bible Study. Lots of people are leaving Macau from church this year. I guess we're trend setters ;)

Tomorrow I actually teach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is hard to be humble about how humble i am.....dll