So catching up--here's what you missed:
Friday was my last day teaching. The helper was different that the one I normally have--this one is the one that rushes me out early, so no picture. The class went well. After class, I took my friend Cristiana out to dinner. We went to a Portuguese restaurant and had a traditional rice with duck and lamb stew with potatoes. Mmm do I love lamb. I'm wondering if I already blogged about that...
Saturday I went to Hong Kong to go hiking. It was raining as I left Macau, but I knew this was my last weekend to go to Hong Kong, so I just hoped that it would stop or that I'd get to a place where it wasn't raining. None of the above. And this wasn't a drizzle, it was a torrential downpour. My sneakers got SOAKED. When I took my socks off, I could wring them out. I ended up taking the bus to Sai Kung Town near where I was going to hike and chilling out at Starbucks waiting for a rain break. I had some really great time with God reading Genesis and learning all kinds of fascinating things I can't believe I've missed all these years. A man came up and commented on my reading and invited me to his church--sweet guy from South Africa who had previously lived in Ireland and was teaching in HK. I had to decline since Sunday would be my last day at Oasis--my home church in Macau.
I took the bus back to Central and had a beautiful, rainy day tour of more of Hong Kong on a double decker public bus that cost me 9HKD (about $1.12) for an hour. Who can beat that? When I arrived in Central, the rain had finally taken a break and I was able to take a few photos, walk around and grab some dinner.
Sunday--This morning they prayed farewell over me after the Father's Day service at Oasis. I'm one of many leaving this year--Macau is a place of transition. There's a team here from Baylor College in Wako, Texas, this week doing Bible distribution at St. Paul's Ruins. They've handed out thousands already.
Before heading to the Brazilian church for one last time, I had an eggplant rice dish at Cafe E.S.Kimo with rose gelatin (and yes, there was a rose in my jello) and ginger lemon tea. I then ventured down to the Taipa Houses Museum. There is some Lotus celebration display of sorts set up. Here are some of the displays with the Venetian, City of Dreams and CoTai in the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment