Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Just keep swimming

My lovely friends at the orphanage I've taught at this past 10 months treated me to lunch today. It's a good thing I've been on an E.S.Kimo kick recently because this was the third day in a row I've had it (though I've had different dishes each time). Here are the lovely ladies I had lunch with: Annie, Lily and Jeanne.
Later today, I ventured the direction of Coloanne and Cheoc Van Beach...only with the recent Typhoon level 1 we had, the beach was covered in trash the sea had pushed up and the waves were still quite brutally hard. There's a public pool right next to the beach, so for 15MOP I was on my way to swimming. Wow, the water was Ah-mazing.

Tonight was Bible Study with lots of fruit, cookies and chocolate! The short term mission trip group from Texas was there with us. After the study, I decided to walk around Taipa and wander back home the long way since the weather was nice. Well, that changed quick...the rains came down and the floods came up (and the house on the sand went *splat*...but the house on the Rock stood firm).

I took the pictures, cards, decorations, etc. down off my closet doors today. That was basically the only color in my room. Now, it really feels like I'm moving...or in transitional housing. 

No comments: