Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spiderman and Ms. Hall

What you missed today:
Breakfast was oatmeal and these little fruits--lychees. You can get them in the U.S., so perhaps you've had them, but they are far more common in this part of the world. You peel the skin off for the grape-like inside underneath.
Today was the last Wednesday class with my 1st graders. Look at their adorable excited faces.
-We have about 2 inches of water on our balcony from how much and how hard it's rained the past few days. Today was no different, though I'm grateful that I don't have to go into the office and can work remotely, and my walk to and from school was one of the few sprinkling parts of the day.
-When I ventured out to the grocery, there was a gathering of apparent social importance. That is--something had everyone's attention. It ended up that everyone was watching a stray dog get caught by animal control. The saddest part was his yelping when his leg accidentally got stuck in the cage flipped backward. I couldn't help but think we've all probably been like that dog at some point. God was trying to move us from one point in our lives to the next, and we wouldn't accept the change and made things worse for ourselves by getting hung up in some less literal way in the transition. I hope I take this next life translation peacefully. Sheesh, I'm unemployed in less than a month.
-Dinner was at home, and Athena and I had a bit of time to catch up. We're having all the ETAs in town over tomorrow night for a dessert party/one final gathering. Most of USJ is leaving before we do. Mazen leaves this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to blog after hosting the best get together of the year ;) I am interested to see how my day of baking goes tomorrow. I have lots of things to use/get rid of. I'm making oatmeal cookies. Some will have Hershey's syrup in them, others will have extra cinnamon, some coconut, others sweetened condensed milk, and so on and so forth. Though I will not experiment with the mayonnaise--I suppose it will be wasted.

-It appears I have a minor baby roach infestation in my room. The good news is I'm not here much longer. The bad news is I am surround by roaches..that are growing. I kill them as I see them, but the thought of not seeing them also disgusts me. Eh, I'll manage. I am woman, hear me roar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, poor roaches....dll