Most of this afternoon was spent cooking. First I cooked a new type of mushroom for lunch--it was large and absolutely ridiculous...and the texture of it ended up being a little bit more strange than my liking. Taste is all in your head though--seriously, that's where your tongue is located ;).
After strange mushrooms, I made coconut chocolate chunk brownies with chocolate icing made from scratch. The icing was far too sweet because I didn't use that much butter and because I was trying to get rid of the box of icing sugar I bought a while back. I took the brownies out to Cristiana and Emmanuel's tonight for dinner at Hac Sa Beach at their home. Their house is quite nice--they're brother and sister, 2 of 8 and their parents are serving in Kenya right now. We also met their older brother Gabriel, chowed on Mexican and played Apples to Apples. It was quite fun, the food was delicious, and I got to help Cristiana make homemade chapatti bread/tortilla-esque bread for the food. Mmmm.
These following pictures are from lunch yesterday, which I forgot to post. This first one is a map I drew for my coworker Michael so that he could find out where to get the cat poop coffee they sell here--there's a place (called Kafe Laku, I think) in Taipa that sells it.
This is a picture I snuck of Ray and my fab British boss, DQ. Okay, I didn't sneak the picture so much just neither of them were looking. This was at the buffet.
1 comment:
could cat poop also be called mew poo???? dll
Post a Comment