Thursday, May 3, 2012

Progress

Today was refreshing.

Although I probably woke up with more jerk points than I should have, the day turned out pretty solid. The jerk points came when Ray rang our doorbell to meet up with Lauren and Athena who were going to guest lecture in Zhuhai. I had commitments here and didn't need to be up as early as them, but I got up to open the door...and was a jerk. Alas, I have my week moments. To my roommates who may be reading this, my apologies.

The rest of the day consisted of a pep talks with a Californian, Cora asking me to define what 'life' is, and appreciating the sunlight. This afternoon I went to my new favorite place in Macau--the Portuguese coffee shop with the winding staircase. Lauren had told me about their chocolate salami (chocolate cake batter with pieces of nougat inside, hardened and cut like salami. It was quite delicious paired with an Americano. Even better, they have free internet and a beautiful interior I can do work in.

While at the coffee shop, I made a list of new motivations...or perhaps not new ones, but goals I've now got on paper to hold myself to. I've been a bit lazy recently in things that are important to me and had lost focus. After today, I feel much more in gear and am excited about getting the most out of my last 2 months here.

Also at the coffee shop, I made a little friend through the window. This adorable Chinese toddler was riding outside in the alley on his little fire engine toy. He waved, I waved back, he kept waving and waving. Quite the adorable little character.

I applied to a few jobs--an experience that is worse than dental surgery to me, but nevertheless I am doing it. Sometimes the process of applications seems far more drawn out than necessary, but I'm sure that's to see if you're really determined and want to work there or not.

Once again, I used the gym equipment at work. Look at this girl go. Alright--pictures of more entertaining stuff:
The tea tasting in Guangzhou (see blog from yesterday)

One of the 2 rose teas we tried

The giant tea pot in the market area.

No comments: