Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A cup of...

This morning began reviewing with my 5th grade boys. I'd created a board game, but had it on powerpoint so the whole class could play. It went over successfully and hopefully they learned something/had a good review for the testing I'll be doing for the next 2 weeks.

This afternoon I taught a different version of the game to my 1st graders. They were all really excited to see me when they filed into the room today. Even though I still am not a fan of teaching 1st grade ESL, I will admit it feels good to have a kid adore you. I also used the SmartBoard for the first time in this class today. A SmartBoard is like a white board that's connected to the computer and that has a program that picks up when you write on it like any touch screen mobile device would. You have a 'marker' with no ink.

Tonight, Angie and I grabbed dinner and caught up for a bit.

My coffee book includes a theory from some German that good coffee can lead to peace whereas bad coffee leads to war. He used the example of the Italians and how the Americans learned to make good coffee in the 1960s as an example.

Oh, and I forgot to mention yesterday how GORGEOUS it was. Today was similar beauty, but I have pictures from yesterday...and the camera didn't do it justice of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

solution to world peace must then be "build more waffle houses"...;);)....dll