Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Plagues Via Vinegar. Plagues, Via, Vinegar.

This morning I began testing my 5th graders. This is the last thing I will do with them. I complete the test next week and then I'm done at Dom Bosco. Wow, times a flyin! Something about them did seem cuter and more hugable today.

I will miss Macau. I wake up every morning and take in the scene of China from my balcony and am just so thankful that God has given me such an opportunity.

My parents had perfect timing on sending me a card and Starbucks Via today. Here was one of my favorite quotes from the very beautiful, inspirational card, "Because people who expect things to turn out for the best often set the stage to receive a beautiful result."

I prepared a lesson for Hou Kong during the afternoon and then Ray shadowed my class when I taught. It could have gone better. Ray admitted that these children were...well, we'll say a blessing in disguise, how about that?

Tonight I ventured to the library to pick up a video for my class in case I don't end up writing a second written test while I give them the oral exam. On the way back, I stopped and bought a marked down papaya for 3MOP. When I got it home, I unwrapped it to smell something like vinegar...I still ate part of it because it didn't taste so bad. I don't think papaya is supposed to smell like vinegar. We'll know by the morning if consuming that was a mistake. haha. Oh well.

The street where all the antique stores are was full of moths or some similar looking bug. It was ridiculous. I seriously had reflections back on the plagues in Egypt. When I came home, somehow like 3 of them came out of my clothes/hair at different times. So not cool.

I'm getting organized and slowly packing up more things I don't need. Where has the time gone? I'm excited for what's ahead....whatever that may be.

No comments: