Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bring in Spring, festival or not, I'm ready!

Today started with sleeping in. Good.
Lauren and Kenisha took me to lunch at Mexicana; Kenisha bought mine :) I had chicken quesadilla with jalapenos, salad, and sweetened iced tea.  Hallelujah was it good!
I went to CuppaCoffee and had more iced tea (once you pop, you just can't stop) while taking care of some things online.
I packed! Philippines here I come! See y'all in a week!

After packing, Lauren and I ventured out to take pictures of lights and to Tap Seac to a Spring Festival celebration. Here are some pictures of the festival:
Lauren buying a dragon hat at a souvenir booth

 Dragon decorations with flowers for this flower festival
'silk' light dragons...it's not real silk

This unique snack was cracker (saltines) on a stick with honey or something thick and similar to it holding it all together. It was sweet and pretty tasty for 5 MOP. I also bought a gelatin thing that was in an Easter egg. They had the eggs sitting in this vat of liquid...it was neat to try but not tasty enough to consume entirely. I wonder where they came up with that idea? I guess they don't use many plastic eggs around Easter, so might as well put them to use now...?

Off to the Philippines! Stories to come :)

No comments: