This morning I taught 2nd year nursing students and was reminded of why I signed up to teach at a university....to teach university students. Little ones are certainly a blessing to the world, but at this point in my life I prefer them in smaller doses. I have been blessed with this position, and I will make the most of it, but teaching college students is the highlight of my work. The title of this blog comes from my lesson with them today. Though today was focusing on Listening and Grammar, I try to theme all the activities in Nursing themes...so, they dictated this song as part of the 'wake up, warm up' listening exercise.
I finished early today with plans of grandeur, but it ended up far less grand since the rain would not stay away. That meant I stayed away from going and doing much of anything. I was working on my long list of to-dos that are non work related, when our internet messed up. The router is in Ray's apt, so we went without it for the next 4 or 5 hours. This was good, I think, though it means I missed the last spot to register for the only Saturday GMAT in Hong Kong. I'm trying to figure out what this means...
Dinner was a green vegetable that is some cousin of bok choy (white Chinese cabbage), chicken broth, and pasta. It's kind of like chicken noodle soup, cheap-apartment life-China-style. I also had a nice moment where I decided to make our guests and my roomies the Pumpkin Spice cookies from a mix that I brought back from the U.S. They seemed to love them--I think everyone ate 3 or 4. New Years resolutions are going down the drain if I have a say in it ;)
I sketched some and sent out some emails...other than that, I have no idea where the day has gone. Here's a giant heart shaped pumpkin cookie that was one of many pans I made....it's a long process cooking that many in a tiny toaster oven.
1 comment:
The Israelites had to wonder in the wilderness before entering the promised land and I am sure your promised land is worth waiting for as well....dll
Post a Comment