Today, I learned a lot about Yum! brands in China because it's part of the discussion I'm leading next week in the business forum I've created. In case you're behind, Yum! has sold Long John Silvers and A&W, and they're profits in China (mostly from KFC) far surpass the profits they make in America.
The motion in debate tonight was "This House believes that you should do the right thing." It's a vague motion which could have been defined many ways. The Opening Gov side defined 'the right thing' as Macanese people driving on the 'right' side of the road. Macau and Hong Kong both drive on the left side of the road (perhaps because they were European colonies). Mainland China drives on the right side. The arguments ended up becoming rather silly and entertaining, but it was the first day back from a holiday--what else would you expect?
Athena gave me a miniature bunny shaped cookie cutter for Chinese New Year. It was very sweet of her to give us all little gifts. Lauren got a pen in her little bag because she's notorious for stealing pens...or 'borrowing' them...or just losing her own. She has quite the story with pens.
The weather today was tricky--signs of hopeful sunshine in the morning and numb-feeling toes walking home from work at a quarter after 9 tonight. The good news is that subtropical weather should arrive in about 1.5 months! Until then, it's more motivation to take the stairs so that I'm warm when I get to the apartment.
Summary: uneventful, good day.
1 comment:
fingerlickin good.....dll
Post a Comment