I like the ground. It's useful for growing things, building homes on, etc. But there's something about being on the ground looking up that's not nearly as...well, fun.
...with that said, I went to Guangzhou, China with my girls for a short trip this past weekend. I decided to see AS MUCH of Guangzhou as possible in our limited amount of time. I suppose I took that to the extreme when I decided to get the angle of the floor. You got it--this kid passed out in a Guangzhou metro station. Alright, it wasn't so much planned or by choice. Quite honestly I didn't see it coming until moments before. But what started out as a stomach ache, hours later turned into me collapsing on my roommate as we stepped off the train 2 stops early. I've passed out twice before in my life, and thanks(?) to the dramatic first experience, I've been able to warn someone moments before each of the other 2 times. Haha, I'm not looking for bragging rights though. Just like every other situation in my life here in Macau, I had miracle workers at my side. Lauren was amazingly calm and kept me from falling to the floor. When I awoke, a Chinese lady was doing some pressure point on my hands and putting some cousin of Tiger Balm/Vic's Vapor Rub on my temples. Fortunately, I didn't faint in the middle of people boarding the train or on the train. Also fortunately, I have amazing roommates who catered to my every need at that time and for the next several hours as I got rid of what I suspect was some crazy bacteria from a suspicious lunch. It happens.
The following day, Ray was kind enough to go to the doctor with me and translate what had happened (just in case)--once again, an angel in my pathway. I'm fine, so there's no need to worry. They didn't even give me meds or diagnose anything. This minor bug/digestion fiasco combined with my first days back to work in 2 weeks has taken a lot of energy, and hence the delay in catch up blogs.
No worries, pictures and stories are coming. But for now, the rest of Guangzhou will wait. Quite honestly, it's better separate anyway. The trip was amazing, and I don't want this one blip of the oopsy daisies to make the trip look like a disaster. It could have happened anywhere. Thankfully, I survived and was not alone in the battle against the ickies.
And if anyone really wants to see THAT much of Guangzhou, don't go to the extremes I did. Just ask me. I guess when I 'fell(fail)ed' I 'passed' out. You're welcome for that cheesy humor--see I'm perfectly healthy with fabulous jokes like that ;)
3 comments:
Pappaw used to say "your gonna be down on the floor lookin' up in a second" but i don't think he meant i would be sightseeing....dll
Guess we should of kept you in the states longer!! Glad you are feeling better. LOVE YOU
"People have more fun than anybody"! Glad you had you friends with you. AMc
Post a Comment