Friday, January 20, 2012

If the Pod is in a Cast, what did it break?

Today involved: -Narrowly dodging a cigarette dropping on my head from an apartment above. Just where was that smoker's logic? I had the Dixie Chicks going in my ears though, so said person was lucky I was in a good mood.
-Walking behind a father and a young man who may have had Down Syndrome who was singing so happily..and as a result, spread cheer. Sometimes the people referred to as 'disabled' are so able to just get the things right that some of us 'able' people are challenged with--like lots of joy :)
-Listening to podcasts about coffee, tea, business, body language, etc. (part of it was for stuff at work, part of it was free time). Lauren has gotten me hooked on these--both good and bad. It's good because I'm learning lots of interesting tid bits for free, bad because it's got me thinking about how much I want to own my own business--which is not happening right now, and perhaps not for a long while. I'll be smarter if/when it happens though.
-Being a Subway delivery girl for both Lauren and myself (And yes, the sandwich artist recognized me.) Yesterday was Turkey; Today: ham. MMMMmmmm.
-Working on my midterm report (yeehaw)
-Walking off my path to and from work for the extra exercise and taking the many flights of stairs to the apartment. This is all part of a challenge I've recently started with a friend. We both have a goal of losing at least 10 pounds in 6 weeks. All of you are more than welcome to join with me/us. It's a combination of less Cheetos, poptarts, and ice cream, more water, more strategic eating habits and exercise. ...and a healthier, more energized me at the end hopefully. March 1 is the end of competition.

That's all for today. Just a heads up that tomorrow's blog will be the last for a week as I will be venturing to other lands. I'm sure there will be great stories when I return. Please remember to send up prayers for safe travels and adventuring. Thanks!

No comments: