Today was my last time teaching my fifth grade boys (and one girl). Finally, you get a chance to put a face and background to the lovely school I have taught at this year. I finished up testing them, and in their quietness and my leaving-ness, they seemed quite precious (and for some of them that was definitely a first time thing). Everything went smoothly and they even acted like they would miss me. How sweet.
And for privacy reasons, I won't be listing names for the pictures, sorry.
Eric joined Ray, Lauren, Athena and I for lunch at the Beijing Dumpling restaurant near work. It was quite delicious, Eric was more successful with chopsticks, and we have PLENTY of laughs. I think he now sees why I love them as a second family.
I started separating, final grading, cleaning, etc. in the office today, got some final signatures, and headed off to my 1st graders. I've come to a conclusion my Wednesday group this semester is just wilder than my Monday group. Aye aye aye. Oh well, I manage. I won't lie that I sometimes think I'll lose my voice before the end of class.
Eric and I had dinner at home and then walked to Camoes Gardens, Three Lanterns Market, and Horta Costa--where we met Angie. On the way to meet Angie, we had met Kyle--a missionary with the prison ministry here. I've ran into him several times at different ministry events throughout the city. Even when I'm not trying to introduce Eric to the people in my Macau story, somehow he crosses paths with them anyway. I feel that might have meant more if he had read this blog and known some of the stories--but alas, such is not the case.
After ice cream with Angie and one final goodbye (she leaves for Malaysia Saturday), we headed back for the night to have more laughs with the roomies and Ray. This was like roll on the floor laughing--literally, which encouraged Lauren to sweep. :)
Good day and far too much Mr. Goodbar again (how dare people send me chocolate with my brother!? :))
2 comments:
chocolate will rot your teeth you know....dll
Sounds like a great day Chels! AMc
Post a Comment