This morning before work, I ventured to Zhuhai with Alyssa for what may have been my last time in mainland China ever (we shall see). My visa expires when my guest leaves, so I'll be occupado until then. We walked around, grabbed lunch at the northeastern style Chinese restaurant--eggplant and potato dish--and then essentially headed back because we both had meetings at work.
I met up with Ray, Mey, and Sophie to help them practice for the FLTRP debate tournament in Beijing. Ray and I did a demonstration debate with them where the 4 of us debated: This House Believes That Might Makes Right. Ray and I had opposition...joy. Of course, Ray and I took the prize (whatever that may have been) because we (him mostly) have far more practice than Mey and Sophie.
I spent pretty much the rest of the night in the office working. Yeehaw! Making copies at 9:15 is fun for all!
On my walk home, I saw a man in a shirt that had a GE emblem on the back of it. It made me smile. When I was little, I had no idea that the stuff in the middle of the circle was a "G" and an "E" in cursive-esque writing. Even now, it's weird for me to think of it as more than beautiful swirlies (but I do feel smarter than my 5 year old self for knowing what it is).
I wrapped up the night with cleaning for my incoming visitor. Botta bing botta boom! Due to said visitor, blogging over the next few weeks may be sparse. No worries, I've got a b-u-d-d-y to keep me busy and smiling. ...I just hope the weather's nice.
Ciao.
1 comment:
Geee EEeee... we bring good things to Liiiife..ding ding.....dll
Post a Comment