Friday, May 11, 2012

Full of Indies

This afternoon I went to a fancy (for us) buffet with work. The Xin Jiang teacher training program ended again, and we were rewarded with the opportunity to celebrate in mass indulgence of cheeses, salads, and desserts. Yummy.

After lunch, I taught my 2nd grade, who picked up well on the topics at hand. Yay for effective teaching through fun games.

Lauren and I went to an indies film festival of sorts this evening at the cultural center where we watched 4 movies created in Macau. The first one was a documentary about seniors at the University of Macau making their final graduation project--which was a movie. It was about an hour long. The movie we actually went for was the second one, "Last Longer," which was about a son taking over a father's noodle shop after he passed away, though he didn't want to. The third movie was really artsy, almost to the point of being creepy, but the point I think it was trying to convey was that and end can also be a beginning so don't give up. The last short movie (the 4 in total were about 2 hours long) was about some guy who started a 'dream village'--that is, like a karaoke/club/place for people to dance where people pursue their dreams of becoming a rapper or whatever, no matter their level of talent. It was interesting--and even more so the man that started it up.

After that, I watched an Elevation Church sermon...hence posting so late today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is true that when God closes one door he opens another...thus and end can be a beginning....dll