Today was a much better day than yesterday. It consisted of attending a database research information session, grading papers, lesson planning, one-on-one student tutoring, English Salon, meetings and Cantonese class. In and among this very busy day were a couple of unique experiences.
The first was on my way to get food before class. I walked past a couple who looked lost and decided I might be able to help. The husband asked me which way was North...and I kind of laughed. I'm very good with my sense of direction, but I still have yet to figure out which part of the island is technically North...long story. When I was finally able to point them toward a particular hotel, he asked me what state I was from. When I told him, he smiled and responded that he was from Georgia--fellow southern accents! That's totally why he asked me; he picked up on my accent. It was a sweet and brief encounter helping fellow Americans.
Dinner tonight was at the vegetarian place because I decided not to get sick off free Pizza Hut at English Salon for the 3rd time. My meal was pretty bland this time, but there was this exciting fungus (that's what they call mushrooms, etc. here) in my meal. Every time I would eat it, it reminded me of a blueberry muffin. I figure if you combine blueberry and fungus it makes 'funberry,' and it was very funberry for my tongue. I like that this restaurant gives me free tea with a cheap meal. The ability to just sit, relax, and drink tea is one thing that really attracts me to this place over and over.
Other than that, my late late night mostly consisted of my mother helping me out across the sea as she normally does. There is something quite fantastic about that woman. No mater how far away I am or how piddly my issues, she takes care of them. No worries, nothing wrong, just paperwork type of stuff--but a miracle worker she is! I'm giving some credit for her awesomeness to her awesome mother as well (pssst...that's you Ma).
Today was good. There just isn't enough time in the day anymore--I suppose that means I'm having quite the packed adventure here. Tomorrow night we are having dinner with a Malaysian whose living in Macau. His name is Alvin, but he is not a chipmunk.. Details to come! Stay tuned. Love you guys!
3 comments:
Mushrooms that taste like blueberries.....interesting. Enjoy your day Chels! AuntieAnn
Thanks Annie! We should catch up soon. Love you.
how about bluebrooms? dll
Post a Comment