Tonight we had the opportunity to attend a Russian piano concert put on by a fellow university in Macau. The music was beautiful. I love how the music can tell a story if you truly listen-- the points of panic, excitement, irony, and beauty all combined in one back and forth emotional swing. There were parts that reminded of how scared I was listening to classical music before bedtime as a child (the deep slow parts always made me picture scary things). There were also parts that made me picture a sophisticated, well-educated upper 30 somethings female out for a night of quality entertainment who would rest her hand on her husband's knee and think, "we have done well to build this life for our children." Haha, oh the places the arts take a mind with imagination. Overall, the music was a soothing delight and reminded me of the difficulty our generation has in just sitting still, listening, and resting instead of always looking for the next competitive edge.
Other excitement today did NOT include my lunch from the canteen, but did include the debate about "the only solution is world revolution"--a quote I got off occupywallst.org and suggested as a motion for tonight's debate (since Occupy Wall Street was the theme of tonight's debate meeting).
I nearly forgot (because I'm so exhausted from reading about MS SCM programs) that this morning I completed my 5th grade class' oral tests. During my second class, the teacher was ill and slept over so I was pulling students out one by one with no teacher in the class. Uhhhhg. Discipline! I finally got them under control once they pushed me far enough. All they had to do was watch a cartoon for goodness sakes, but 5th grade boys with school supplies will be very creative and destructive if you let them.
I'm passing on the picture of the day again for tonight. I've been researching Business School programs since we got home from the Russian concert about 2.5 hours ago....so much to figure out. For all my prayer warriors out there, please keep my future plans and where exactly I'm supposed to be going in mind.
Love you all!
Oh yes---Last, and certainly not least--I received 3 wonderfully splendid pieces of mail today (my friend Lauren was slightly jealous). Thank you to all those that have sent lovely cards, letters, and pieces of mail this way. Snail mail is by far one of my favorite little flavors to life! Responding is certainly on my to-do list...it may take a while for the mail to get back to you, but you and your kindness are not forgotten :)
No comments:
Post a Comment