After the orphanage, I went to some bookstores in the area to check out their English section and see if I could come across any GMAT books. It's true, I've hit a 'going to pursue my MBA' mood. We'll see how long this lasts, but right now I am in the process of preparing to take the GMAT, the test for entrance to Business School. I found GMAT books at 2 bookstores but decided to use the free online resources and older editions from MPI's library before I spend $40 USD on a book. Ouch. Most of the afternoon I spent walking too and from the library and bookstore and doing GMAT practice problems. It's weird how I enjoy doing math problems...the ones I can do in my head. The girls are always commenting about how lost they'd be without my calculator mind to split our dinner bills/utilities/etc. They don't split bills here for they do for you in America...so you come with small bills or you owe each other.
Ray decided he wanted to fix dinner tonight, so this afternoon Athena and I got a 'din din' request as Ray calls it. He made a rice and chicken dish, tomatoes, and some green vegetable in oyster sauce with a citrus water drink for the beverage. Mazen and Nancy came over to our 'din din' party at our apartment, and the 5 of us played an assortment of card games. Nancy brought ice cream from the place I posted pictures of the other day. They jogged it here to make sure it didn't melt. Mmm, it was worth it.
Picture(s) of the day:
The Catholic Church I attended mass at when we first arrived (standing room only, remember). I pass this church every day on my way to work.
This cross is across the way from the church. I'm assuming it's part of the church property. Clearly, freedom of religion is alive and well in Macau (as compared to the mainland).
No comments:
Post a Comment