This morning Oasis had a family church service where the youth did a skit, they had a different person lead worship, and a younger guy led the service. The sermon was on Christmas perspectives. He separated the religious and non-religious parts of Christmas and asked us what we were really celebrating. How did your celebration of Christmas change after you became a believer? He shared a made-up story about Mary talking to Joseph about a weird dream she had. In this dream, she said people were having a birthday party for her son, but they were giving gifts to each other, but he wasn't invited. When He showed up, He wasn't welcomed at His own party. ...It's something to think about.
They also had food after church today. I stayed around and talked to a group from Las Vegas who are here for a week on a mission trip to pass out Bibles. I met some very legit people. My favorite of the group was this elderly woman who talked about being where you want to be. If you're going to sit there and complain about it...there's the airport. Perfect. It's true that we get discontent in our situations wherever we are (work, location, etc.). Complaining rarely changes anything, but we still do it. Get up and do something about it if you're not happy. I liked how straight forward she was, though she was not speaking about me directly.
After church I came home and made dessert for Kenisha's birthday celebration tonight. Seen here: one of the pans of artery death I made. It also can be described as white chocolate fudge covered oreos inside chocolate chip cookie dough batter with oreos chopped up in it...like I said, death. I like how the sun hit the pan when I took this picture. It makes them look that much better.
Here's the sunset after a day of beautiful crisp, but sunshiny weather today. Gorgeous view.
We ate dinner at the Shanghai Restaurant again tonight for Kenisha birthday. We had sweet and sour pork ribs, different types of dumplings, rice, and these noodles. The Chinese traditionally eat noodles on their birthday to represent long life. We had a good night with lots of laughs. Happy Birthday, Kenisha!
Live life to the fullest, and live it well. If you look too far ahead, you may trip on the crack in the sidewalk that is directly in front of you.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kenisha! AM
Post a Comment