This morning started with my first one on one language practice with one of the college students. Her name was Poppy-- a sweet girl from the mainland. We talked about what her parents do for a living,our backgrounds, future plans, my brother and how he met his girlfriend...anything that could help use a wide variety of vocabulary. I found it extremely interesting and felt much more productive than some of my larger classes because I knew I was investing in someone's life and that this language practice showed her I cared.
We went to Toys R Us again today to pick up the American board games we'd found a while back...they were finally approved as part of the English club budget.
Shakespeare was less than eventful. My favorite part was when Ray had us work with the actors and make different scenarios while reading the same lines. This helps put more acting behind it. We made up scenarios like dancing, being ill, being angry, etc. and applied them all to two lines. Interesting approach.
Tonight was class 2 of Cantonese. I now know how to say "come here" in Cantonese. This will help with runaway 1st and 2nd graders when it's time to line up.
No comments:
Post a Comment