Saturday, October 15, 2011

shake that thing...poorly, very poorly

Saturday, beautiful Saturday :)

Today was absolutely gorgeous weather...which converts to doing laundry. Dryers are not the norm here, hanging your clothes on the balcony is. With the rainy and colder weather we've had recently, it's been hard to leave clothes outside to dry. Plus, we had the fear they might blow off while we were gone. While doing laundry, I enjoyed some organic loose leaf Chrysanthemum tea. I bought this at the Kadoori Farm when I was in Hong Kong a bit ago. If you think tea is only the black stuff in a bag, think again. One thing I love about China is lots of variety of tea.

It started as little balls

While I was drinking it, it unfolded to flowers that sat on top of the water. Normally you have some sort of strainer close to your mouth to keep from eating flowers...I did not.

A close up after all the tea was gone. I had flowers :)

When I went out to the grocery, I crossed paths with some nuns in the same attire as Mother Teresa...too neat. I watched a gorgeous sunset from my balcony while listening to country music for a bit before dinner. We went out with the USJ ETAs for dinner, and Ray had someone he met through Couchsurfers who was from Estonia meet us.

After dinner, Ray gave Athena and I a dance workout. Ray has taught dance and done some stuff on Broadway, so besides the occasional laughing at us, he was a really good teacher. I am now aware of muscles I did not know I had, but it felt great...and I looked extremely goofy. Eh, what's new?

No comments: