After helping out for a few hours at the orphanage, I came back and ate lunch, did laundry, and crashed for a 2 hour nap--in part because I woke up early on a Saturday morning, and also because I had developed a nasty headache. Dinner was the next thing to conquer, so armed with my new shirt Kenisha, Athena, Nancy, and I set out on a long journey to the Italian restaurant on the beach for a girls night out. The food was great and pretty cheap.
The evening closed with us venturing to Hac Sa Beach for a Portuguese Rock Music festival on the beach. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the band that ended up playing was great. It amazed me how I couldn't understand the lyrics because they were in Portuguese, but the emotion was still effectively conveyed by the music. The band was Ar de Rock, and the history behind Portuguese rock seems like quite the journey (from what I read in the pamphlet for the rock event). Check it out if you ever get bored.
This was the stage set up on the beach for the event
And last, I was a creeper on the bus pretending to look through my pictures on my camera but actually taking a picture of this guys shoes. Look at them! I couldn't decide if they would be comfortable or give you a funky toe gap or what. I hope they provide you with a smile.
Here's your thought to end the blog for today. I saw this on a bulletin board thing in a parking lot at Choc Van Beach: "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." -Alexander Pope
No comments:
Post a Comment