Monday, November 28, 2011

a la dessert box

Today, I was back at Hou Kong again. And I must correct my whining from last week--They only cancelled 2 weeks, one week was agreed to be off in their contract. The kids have progressed a lot this semester.

The debate tonight was "This House believes that the feminist movement should seek to ban pornography." I think this is our final week of debate meetings for the semester, as classes are ending and finals are starting soon. I can't believe we've already completed a semester.

The most exciting part of the day was when we opened our gift from Joycelyn--the supervisor connected with the Shakespeare program. Ray and Athena both got to go to Hong Kong for free as part of the Shakespeare Master Classes last week, but Lauren and I did not. Joycelyn bought us some type of Chinese pie/cake gift box as a gift since we did not get to attend. Here are pictures of the desserts:

It was kind of in the shape of a chick :)


These 2 desserts had red bean paste in them, which is very common in Chinese desserts. It's red beads mashed up and sweetened. It's not super sweet and it takes time to grow on you, but it's not bad after a while.


Have a marvelous Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That should make for sweeter gas...dll