Tonight, Angie and I went to the Macau International Food Festival...and by international, they mean Asia and Portugal. It was the closest thing to a fair I've been to since home in August, and thus, it was very exciting! The silly thing was that they required us to buy tickets in sets and then redeem the tickets at the booths. This meant that you had to buy at least 100MOP of food or split it with someone. Then they give you tickets in denominations of 20, 10, and 5MOP, so you have to spend the exact amount or you lose money. Fortunately, Angie and I spent well and didn't lose any money. We split some Korean noodles (picture below), some Singaporean fish balls, and something like clam chowder in a bread bowl from I'm not sure where. Dessert was a mango, sticky rice, and mixed fruit dish that was actually quite tasty...not sure what country that came from either. Some of the stands were labeled, others were just local restaurants trying to make extra money. They also had game (like fair games) at the event. Angie was set on winning a big stuffed animal, but failed to do so with the one game she attempted.
You can see the coupons under the bowl--everything was in small portions, as you can see
Inflatable chef and bell on top of building
They had live music--tonight was Filipino night...although they were singing mostly American music. On the list: Shania Twain and Lady Gaga. haha.
This was a game that cost 10MOP to play and where you win a prize no matter what. The game is based on 'luck' (which the Chinese are all about). You pull a string from one of these 4 groups of strings. The string is connected to either a small, medium, or large stuffed animal on the other end. We did not play, but some of the other people we met up with did. They won a small prize (not the best luck, aye?)
Overall, the festival was a great experience to end the workweek, and I'm very thankful to have a Christian friend like Angie to walk and girltalk with for an hour about teaching, life, the future, etc.
2 comments:
I would think from clams...dll
Nice one, dad. I meant what country ya goob. Love you!
Post a Comment