My fifth graders are great at helping me stay on my exercise plan--specifically exercising my throat muscles. Sheesh, I yelled a lot today.
English lunch was good. I had a sip of Milkis--a carbonated sweetened milk beverage. It sounds disgusting, right? I only consumed a tiny bit, but it tasted like Skittles, believe it or not. I'm not sure how well an entire carbonated milk beverage would set on one's stomach though.
Hou Kong was cancelled today, so I did some research on how to direct children in activities without words. This is for my 1st and 2nd grade who don't know enough English to understand directions. Some of what I learned was insightful, some was just logical.
I took a nap today. Mmm mm good. As they used to say on commercials, 'Now that's the stuff, Hostess.'
Today I'm thankful for people who are invested in me. When I read stories like Steinbeck's The Pearl, Of Mice and Men, or any assortment of books with less than happy or trypical endings, I generally appreciate them for their reality and ability to put my own condition into perspective. It makes me grateful for parents and family that love/loved me, and encourages me to try to be that one encouraging/loving person in a difficult-to-deal-with-person's life. You never know the whole story.
Lauren turns 29 at midnight!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Lauren!! Amc
Post a Comment