Thursday, February 2, 2012

IEBF Success

Today was my first IEBF session, and I think it went fantastic. I love business, I love teaching college students and I love teaching people who want to learn. Since this isn't a credited course but an activity, the people that show up want to learn. It's going to be quite the challenge coming up with 90 minutes of material to incorporate business and allow them to practice their english on top of my other classes, but I've really enjoyed it so far. Today's session focused mainly on business cultural differences in the West and East. I had Ray do a 5 minute video on his perspective of Chinese business culture since he has done business and started a non-profit there. Mike, a friend of mine from home who owns his own bike shop, was nice enough to record and send a video across the miles about American business and his perspective on Asian business not having been to Asia. The students seemed to enjoy it. I hope they learned a lot. The turnout was GREAT! We didn't have enough room, and additional chairs had to be brought in.

I suppose the mail caught up today from all the holidays we've had recently as I received a New Years card, a thank you note and 2 birthday cards. I figure that just means I get to celebrate my birthday longer. One even came with a gift--an encouraging gift from my best friend back home.

I have far too many people in my life that make me smile and are too sweet to me :)
Tomorrow, I only have to work 1 hour because I've worked several longer days this week. Joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy newbirthankyearyouday!