This morning in church we learned about pressing onward in the face of turmoil and trusting God when you can't see Him working in the current picture. The scripture came from Joshua 3 where the Ark of the Covenant is being carried through raging waters. I could only imagine the intense pressure of thinking you couldn't drop something that contained the presence of God and at the same time having roaring waters flow past you. We get like that in life sometimes. We face situations and can't see that God is already upstream working things out in our favor. This was a great message for me to hear as the second half of this year is very uncharted for me.
I guess pressing onward and boldness were themes I needed to be reminded of today as I just finished watching Made In Dagenham, a movie about the women demanding equal pay with men at the Ford Dagenham factory in Britain. I appreciate, so appreciate, all the women who worked extra hard before my time to ensure that I have the rights I do today. I feel very privileged knowing what women used to experience.
After church today, Chris, Angie, Kent, and I went to B. Leaf, a Thai/Singaporean restaurant. I had a lovely spicy Thai shrimp soup. Afterward, Chris showed us the entrance to the 'Big Taipa Hill' (that's what everyone calls it because there's apparently a small Taipa hill as well). We walked up a good portion of the way to find beautiful views and a nice park. The sun was out today, so it was great crisp weather to hike a bit in. I loved the sound of the path beneath our feet and was momentarily reminded of hiking up the Smokeys with my family. :)
Here's a view of the tiny Macau airport from the hill:
Thank God for sunshine :) Like the song says, it sure does make me happy. I can't wait for more of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment