Monday, February 20, 2012

Trickle on by

Today was uneventful. I suppose that's a blessing, but it doesn't leave too much interesting to blog here. Lauren's cousin is in town and staying with us for the week. He is also going to guest lecture for my business class on Thursday night because he has a background in management, teaching ESL and living in Japan. I'm excited to hear what he has to say. He seems nice and full of energy--Ray says that's the Californian in him.

The debate tonight was on whether Portugal and Greece should be kicked out of the EuroZone. This is a complex topic that I haven't kept up to date on, unfortunately. There is a Nobel Laureate speaker coming to speak at UMac Thursday on this topic, so hopefully I'll be an expert (or closer to one) when that's done.

Pictures of the day:

This is a fountain in Taipa with a constant stream of potable water flowing through it at all times. The plaque above explains the details. There's another similar one that I pass on my way to work every morning. I was always surprised to see people putting water bottles inside it to catch the water. I thought it was like doing that to the big fountains in downtown L-ville or something (as in, that's not what they're made for, but you could). Turns out I was wrong.

I got some marked down South African pears tonight. I'm amazed by all the places food comes from in the world--especially things like produce that go bad quickly. Having variety is such a blessing. I've been told most of the world lives on rice and beans.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." --Chinese Proverb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one small step for womankind, one giant leap.....dll