Sunday, February 5, 2012

Type-uh (Taipa)

We shared a delicious curry meal after church today. I got to mingle with a few 'new' people. Two of these interesting people were twins. They were white and spoke English, French, Spanish, and Mandarin. Where do you think they're from? Interestingly, these 19 year old girls are from Macau/Hong Kong. They've lived between the two places their whole life. Their father is French and mother is Argentinan. What a mix. They were quite interesting and entertaining. They both just finished high school and are doing internships so that they can get into better universities. I feel like this is not an American approach, but I think it might be a smarter approach to do an internship and know what you're spending the next 4 years of your life pursuing.

After church, I explored Taipa. I'm trying to get a mental map of it. My summary of Taipa is grocery stores with variety, fancy restaurants, lots of apartments, more foreigners than the peninsula, traffic that is more courteous and BIG casinos. Here's a semi-panoramic set of shots I took on a pretty typical Taipa street (and yes, there is a restaurant called Dumbo Restaurant in the third picture).



After Taipa, I conquered the apartment with the assistance of some music, a mop and lots of dishes that unfortunately did not sing 'Be Our Guest' to me.

Let's start this week off right! Enjoy the Super Bowl..I'll be at work while you're watching it, chip and commercial free.

No comments: