Wednesday, April 11, 2012

70 degrees and sunny

This picture sums up quite well my time away from the blog, and I hope you appreciate it as I will not be going into details about my holiday on the blog. I think this picture does justice in explaining my time off was quite sweet. (I love drinks in glass bottles and Lipton was one I'd not yet had).

 Monday night I bought some marked down old bananas and made this treat for Athena and I.  Banana bread or muffins is the norm for old nanners, but I wanted to do something a little different, so I made this up off the top of my head. We ate the whole thing in one sitting, so I think I did okay. It was mostly banana with an egg, some oats, brown sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, and then I made a topping of cinnamon sugar and Oatmeal Squares cereal crumbled on that went on half way through cooking.
Today, I continued teaching the boys at Dom Bosco the poem. My third class was on a field trip for half of the class, so I didn't have to teach as much. That was a nice little surprise. I helped Cora study for her American Culture and History class quiz for a couple of hours since my Hou Kong class was cancelled and as part of English lunch. I was trying to help her make connections between things like Michael Moore and Sicko, Orlando and Miami, and Manhattan and Times Square. I had to explain that the Underground Railroad was not an actual railroad. It seemed when I gave her context, it was a lot easier for her to remember things like Rio Grande and Mark Twain. I was amazed by amount of information they'd covered, and I'll admit there were random facts like comedians from the 1920-40s that I didn't even know.

I teach earlier classes tomorrow and Friday as Ray is on vacation and I'm covering some Nursing stuff for him. This oughta be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the banana oatmeal stuff does sound good! dll