Friday, April 20, 2012

If Elvis had a burger?

Today it poured again. Apparently this is normal, and the rain began later than usual this year. I ventured out and worked from Starbucks this morning as a chNge of scenery, but did not make the half hour treck to work in the rain, especially since my only teaching commitment was at the primary school near our apartment. I'll admit, it's a luxury being able to work from home or office.

I taught he kids at Hou Kong about different jobs today. The cutest one was when they attempted the mouthful of veterinarian. Of course, I told them they could simply remember vet.

We four ETAs hung out at the apartment for a while tonight talking about our futures and helping each other out with resumes, etc. Before heading to dinner. We grabbed dinner at a burger place near Senado called Bricks. I had a peanut butter cheeseburger. Yep, you read it right. I think there may have been BBQ sauce on it too. It was pretty good, though my insides were not fully prepared for a hamburger since it's been a while since I've had that greasy of food. The peanut butter cheeseburger was only chosen because they were out of the blueberry jam cheeseburger. I know, it sounds wrong, which is exactly why I wanted to try it. I guess I'll have to make a trip back.

After dinner, we came home and I made Lauren's brownie mix she'd bought in HK a while back. Mixes just don't do the trick for me anymore though. Scratch is just so much better, even when it comes to chocolate.

Quotes of the day (or paraphrases, rather)--Ray: "I like both Condeleeza Rice and Winnie the Pooh and they said similar things."
Athena: "I could make something with chocolate if I could buy a bar and not eat it."
Lauren: "I don't really like chicken...it kind of grosses me out...it's too close to a reptile."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peanutttt, peanutbutter, JELLY dll