Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Poems and pumpkins

This morning we judged the English Choral Speaking Competition at Dom Bosco. After about 6 weeks of prep, I was satisfied with the results of 2 of my classes. Each class competed within their grade, so my students only competed against each other. I judged grades 1,2 and 3 so that I didn't judge my own students. I was impressed by the 1st and 2nd grades compared to the same aged kiddos I teach at my other primary school.

We girls went back to the office and then out to Thai for lunch.

Cora and I met up and I helped her study for a final. After splitting up, I edited a paper for her. One of the papers she wrote that I helped edit won the Macau-wide English Composition Competition. I'm proud of my girl! She is very good at writing short stories in her second language, that's for sure.

Tonight at Bible Study, we talked about the armor of God. We were trying to figure out why Roman soldiers used to wear open toed boots...the steel toe becomes steal my toe. Chris made pumpkin bread from scratch and brought it to the study. Ah-mazing!!! We have finally completed the book of Ephesians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and safety glasses become "save my glasses"