This morning started early for Macau, though if I told you the time you'd think I was ridiculous...so I won't. I taught Nursing this morning for Ray. The topic was Listening and Speaking (in English). I should have prepared better, but they seemed to enjoy acting out and presenting on various medical scenarios. Ray had given me some YouTube videos in Cantonese that I honestly didn't understand that they were supposed to translate to me. Apparently the announcer on the clip even spoke too quickly for them.
I am still working on grading essays for Nursing from last week. Most of them are apologies to their mom or relationship advice. Mom, I'm sorry too--though I did not steal money from your purse or snooze your alarm clock like some of my students apparently have. And in case you didn't know, communication helps relationships.
I helped Cora study for her class as part of our language exchange today. After a huge lunch, I think we were both really to sleep. We made some progress though. Inuit--that's what you're quizzed on today. Do you know what that is? I need to figure how much Native American I have in me because too many times it has come up and I only know of one full blooded relative up the line. (That's where I get my mad tan.....okay, maybe not).
I got a lovely package from the lovely Debbie Rodg today. She sent me a collection of trinkets, saying that she picked up something little for me everytime she thought of me at the store. Just how sweet is that?!? I need to get hold of some matches because I now have smell good candles for my smell bad apartment!!!!! Thank you, Debbie for the precious gifts and thoughts.
I took a nap and worked an additional hour and half when I got home today (committed, right?) It's another earlier night tonight as I teach Nursing 2 Resumes and Interviews tomorrow. I like teaching them early in the morning as it gets me up and finished early.
No comments:
Post a Comment