Tuesday, April 17, 2012

That's a latte rain!

Today, I slept in and took my time before going into work. The day didn't really seem to start out so great. It has rained almost consistently since Monday morning and I think I'm ready for it to be done, though the forecast in not in my favor.

I met with Cora today, and we talked about the Beach Boys, dandelions, and such. Then I went to the library to return and pay overdue fines (ahh, vacation). On my way back, because of a headache and not so fabulous day, I treated myself to a vanilla latte at this coffee shop near the library called Cafe Blu. Athena has told me about it multiple times, saying it was better and cheaper than Starbucks, but the place has no seating, so I was not tempted to go. After all, I pay for the atmosphere when I go to Starbucks...or at least that's what I tell myself when I pay 32MOP for a drink. The latte was good, and the guy made latte art in my to go cup. Every time I see latte art done, it makes me want to be back in an apron again.

Athena and I recently bought some cheap MP3 players and she put some music on mine for me--the mixture of 500 Days of Summer/Hall and Oates "You Make My Dreams Come True" and 6 pumps of vanilla syrup (sheesh!!) helped to improve my day quite a bit. I walked back to work to have the last English Salon of the year, where I helped edit an essay, the students played Life: Adventure Edition and we played one round of Mafia--a game that is popular at both American and Chinese schools, though they have a different name for it in Chinese.

After English Salon, I skipped Bible Study and edited Ted's papers he asked me to look over. I got an email from him saying "Ted's call for help." Interesting words. One of the papers was an analysis on Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken"--a good poem that I recommend reading. I read it in high school, so seeing it again was a bit of a flashback. Along with editing essays, I listened to good music and talked to a good friend on Skype--I love when you cross paths with someone who has the right words at just the right time. That definitely helped pick my day up right as it was coming to a close.

Tonight, I got black sesame soy milk marked down at the grocery. Black sesame is used in desserts here quite often, though it's taste is not very sweet. I recently have been boiling water and adding it to a little bit of milk to make a warm treat (milk here is more like cereal milk/cream, remember). I did this same thing with the soy milk and it was quite delicious...either that or my taste buds just aren't that picky. I'll try most anything once. Most Anything...

No comments: