This morning, it rained cats and dogs.
This afternoon, I'm not so sure it wasn't raining cows too.
When I left to walk to the bus stop with umbrella in hand, I was grateful to be wearing capris that at least semi dodged the water, but realized my feet would be chilly most of the day and that my bag might experience another paper flooding. Bah. The forecast still isn't on my page either. At least when the sun arrives, it will be almost guaranteed to make me cheerful and make for a fabulouso day.
Cora and I did language exchange today, and I helped her with a translation piece. One of her readings was reflective on Jurassic Park, but I was a failure and not able to help her out by telling her the end of the movie. It has been too many years since I saw that movie and I'm not sure I cataloged all the details in my mind.
Poppy and I had our last language exchange today. I struggled to stay awake.
Tonight, Anna treated all the MPI ETAs, Kyle, and 3 students to Japanese dinner. It was quite delicious, though I must admit that the small portions make you feel like you can eat a lot more of everything. Miso soup, delicious eggplant, sushi of multiple kinds, salmon and tea were all on the menu this evening. I never realized that wasabi came from a root...apparently some connection to horseradish.
We came home to break into some Taza Organic Mexican Chipotle Chili Chocolate that Lauren brought back from the states. You can find it at Rainbow Blossom in L, KY or online, and I definitely recommend it. I've heard cayan pepper was really good with bringing out the flavor in chocolate, and this chipotle certainly did. I'm excited to try coffee with cayan pepper when I get home. Heck, I'm excited to try coffee with anything. Chocolate and coffee are certainly 2 of life's little pleasures.
Talking about little pleasures, I sure hope your day is full of them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment