Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Over To-Hundred To-day

Today, Cora asked me if I'm going to run for president someday. This came after we discussed some of the amendments she needed to know for a test next week. Interesting. She'll probably know more than some American students...  She's volunteering in a poor area of China this week over holiday--her travel will take 22 hours. Oooh.
Today, Lauren explained to me how she attempted to find the end of her tongue when she was 5, which resulted in vomiting on herself....intellectuals...

Today, Athena, Lauren and I walked around the Costa area looking for a restaurant I'd finally rediscovered which we'd eaten at when we first arrived. After 30 minutes of walking in circles and feeling like failures for having lost it yet again, Angie provided the exact location. We realized that it was exactly where we thought it was all along, but that it was closed (meaning there was metal in front of the door) so we'd walked right past it. Tomb sweeping day is tomorrow so some people travel to visit ancestors' tombs...perhaps that's where the owners were. We ended up settling for a Cantonese style restaurant in the area.

Today, I exchanged money with Athena and felt like I got ripped off until I realized converting through 3 currencies had confused me about how much I'd actually handed the man...

Today, the 3 girls went out for late night McDonalds sundaes and closed the place down...Lauren blamed us for forcing her to eat a McDouble...right.

Today, I edited way too many nursing essays, but I had Starbucks to guide me along the seemingly dark and confusing path of run on sentences, misplaced modifiers and misused phrases. It's not so much the problem of fixing it but in knowing what they're trying to actually say and then correcting it to say that. Multiple errors means the sentence could be spun multiple ways. I'm no expert.

Today, I edited a paper for Ted on the Chinese concept of 'saving face' and another on some high tech musical science thing...it was way too specific for Lauren and I to grasp the translation and correct the grammar.

Take a blog following break, go drink a cherry soda, and I'll see you back on here in about a week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you save face does that mean you are now two faced????? dll

Margie said...

You know Shauna has always said that you would be President and then she will take a turn at it....You never know. Love ya!