This morning I woke up and conducted my 2nd interview for my research...we're making progress!
I helped Cora with finals and such. We ended up talking about the inscription at the bottom of the statue of liberty, Texans and their love for the right to carry and conceal, and a Chinese American playwright. It's been a learning experience for me as well as of recent.
Athena and I had a nice lunch today as part of our start to vacation since we're not flying anywhere and thus saving money. We had planned on French, but the set lunch menu at that restaurant was mediocre so we went up the street to Restaurante Escada--a Portuguese restaurant. We both had a type of fish I'd never heard of with vegetables. Vegetable soup and lemon iced tea came with the lunch set as well. It was quite good. I think my favorite part was the potatoes mixed into the veggies--it's been so long since I've had potatoes. Simple luxury, huh?
As I escaped MPI to go teach at Hou Kong today, the buckets dumped from the sky. I took the bus, but traffic and walking from the bus stop made me both soaked and late. My kids were disrespectful though (in Cantonese...) and I wasn't in the mood on a nasty, wet Friday, so I was grateful that I'd missed those first few minutes with them.
I made a carrot soup of sorts tonight and researched Athena's and my activities for this weekend. Athena made apple muffins. And the biggest success story of the day was buying, trying, and enjoying cottage cheese. It was marked down and it's something my dad likes to eat. Cheers, or clumps, or whatever is appropriate, Dad!
Don't expect a blog for a bit, but do expect yourself to have a great weekend!
1 comment:
mmmmmm..cottage cheeeeeese!!!! dll
Post a Comment