Today I tried cheese in oatmeal. I had convinced myself it would taste like a grilled cheese. It was so far from a grilled cheese that someone in another place probably cried about the disaster it was on my tongue....or they should have. But I survived, and a Granny Smith Apple later (yes, I bought some U.S. ones at the Americanized grocery store in Taipa) all was well.
Work was short today (2.5 hours)--mostly because I made it that way since tomorrow is packed and I'd already worked close to my hours for this week. Other than that, I went to CuppaCoffee to download some free books and free apps, went to the grocery, and spent a surprisingly long time peeling and cutting up veggies for lunches and dinners in the future.
Tomorrow will be a day of 2nd graders, our version of the Amazing Race: Macau for the teachers from the Xin Jiang province in China we are helping train, and training for helping conduct the Macau wide speech contest on Sunday. All is well here. We won't get internet at the apartment until October 1...so sorry for all you out there still waiting for Skype calls! Hopefully we'll get more opportunity in a little over a week.
Enjoy your weekends, by golly, do!
A picture--from Cuppacoffee...I know it sounds like I'm ALWAYS there, but I'm not. It's mostly the free internet that's not at work. And the coffee part doesn't hurt... :)
1 comment:
you say it was too nasty to cut the cheese? dad
Post a Comment