This morning was lesson planning. Nothing eventful.
This afternoon I taught my Class 1a. This was the first grade class that I got half way through the lesson with last week. This time it went GREAT! They were well disciplined, but still involved. Believe it or not, they were still cute too ;). I used a revamp of Tic Tac Toe and fill in the blank activities to help them with pronunciation and learning ‘h’ and ‘b’ again. I also taught them the Cupid Shuffle. For those of you that don’t know, the Cupid Shuffle is a hip hop dance. I just made up words to go with it that had to do with learning that ‘h’ and ‘b’ sounds. Ha. Success.
Debate was tonight and the argument was whether or not chickens should be imprisoned. I don’t think my students knew too much about chicken farming. I adjudicated one of the debates by myself. They last about an hour after we give the students half hour prep time and then have half hour start up/follow up.
Dinner was at a cheap noodle place in Senado Square. Senado is kind of a touristy shopping area that has a lot of old Portuguese looking building fronts. On the menu for me tonight: Fish and noodles in soup. When I was served, it resembled tofu a lot more than fish. That is how I learned about blocks of fish. You probably didn’t know they existed, did you? Ray tried to explain it to me, and I summed up that it was basically the equivalent of fish bologna…but it was tasty, and at 9:00 I was more than ready to eat it. The broth the noodles were in was made of coconut milk. This was the first time I’d had this sort of broth, but it was delicious and less salty than most of the broths here. Afterward, I had an amazing chocolate milk tea. Mmmm. My treat for not buying a drink during the meal.
Home now. I'm really excited to see what tomorrow holds...and for breakfast. What can I say, it's almost always been my favorite part of the day. :) I found a cereal here from the UK with wheat bran flakes, coconut pieces, hazelnuts, raisins, and banana chips. And it's pretty cheap too. I like.
No comments:
Post a Comment