Monday, September 12, 2011

The Price is Right

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) there were no men confessing love to me in elevators, getting locked in buildings, or fancy art displays. Today was the first day I officially clocked in with my fancy new employee ID card. Other than that, I spent the day preparing lessons and going to meetings for the Shakespeare Festival, elementary school check-up, and debate society. It's amazing how fast the day has flown, but even more so that tomorrow morning will mark 3 weeks since my departure from the U.S. Wow.

Tomorrow we leave the hotel and depart to our new apartments. We have the day off because it's a public holiday (Mid-Autumn Festival, based on the Lunar Calendar). I did have some decent moon cake today that someone gave us. I can't lie, I was hungry and the old-fig newton taste of it worked. Since I will be moving in, and since work will be closed from internet use, I will probably not get a chance to blog tomorrow....but who knows, I may go buy towels in Taipa and end up at Cuppacoffee. I cannot predict the day. So anyway, just know that I probably won't be responding for a day. Enjoy the peace!

We just got home from dinner. We went to a cheap place and I had spicy tofu with rice (yums). The good news: it was cheap. How did I pay for it? Bug in my food. You get used to it, and you tell yourself that it reached a certain temperature that killed most bacteria, and that you blessed your food. Hey, it happens in America too.

Over and out...I've got a mansion to get to (..and like your cereal box says, that was enlarged to show texture).

No comments: