My church at home is having revival this week. I decided tonight to intentionally pray for the revival and read through the notes I had from the youth revival that I heard the preacher speak at this summer.
It's amazing how God works. Brother Rick impressed me and so many others to such a degree that I got his information. I'm now around the world, and it is not I who specifically benefits from him coming to revival as I'd suggested, but others. This is the Spirit of Christianity: the benefit of others to the glory of God.
Tonight, I'm just so in awe of everything God has done in my life and where He has brought me. I read a journal entry written in a journal that came home from a friend's Argentina mission trip. This journal entry was from October of last year. I pray and vent to God in this journal about a variety of things, but specifically one topic that stood out were the classes. God not only answered them, He helped my stress, and looking back it looks so petty.
I had a running list of names that were in the front of the journal--names to mention in prayer. I look at this list, first amazed at the number of answered prayers, and also amazed at the changes in relationships (most of which are growths) within this less than one year span.
This year has flown and taken me places where I would have never pictured myself. I'm halfway around the world, I'm graduated (with my final goal), I'm in a relationship with someone who respects my family/me/God, and I'm on a computer overlooking both poverty and prosperity--amazed at how God is in it all.
Praise God. That's pretty much all I have to say. And I don't want to stop there because it's not even close to enough. I get tangled, I get twisted, I get wound up on things that when I look back, I go wow--really? But yet, He cares enough to give it His attention and to give me His comfort if I let Him. Wow. It's like when you realize your best friend has let you take advantage of them and their services for years, and they never complained--that's how I feel sometimes when I look at all I've not done for God and all He's put up with and showered me with love along the way. Amazing.
I want to leave you some quotes and thoughts from Brother Rick Owensby (who you should go see at Unity Baptist at revival this week). These are from 3 months ago, but still so applicable.
--Jesus doesn't save us in our sin, Jesus saves us from our sin. (Holy Ghost Soap)
--Being a witness is of no value unless you are willing to tell what you've seen. Tell people about your experience with Christ.
--John 6:1-13 tells of when Jesus feeds the 5,000. He did this by expanding one little boy's lunch...the miracle began with the little boy's sacrifice and willingness, but it expanded to much leftover. "Can Jesus have your lunch?"....and your abilities...and your time...and your all?
What do you have to thank Him for--the One who is, was, and always will be? If nothing else, thank Him for your life, and please send up a prayer for this revival this week. Lives are always waiting to be transformed, and God is always waiting to do it. Play your part. Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment