Thursday, October 27, 2011

return (love) to sender, address unknown

Today started with language exchange. Poppy was late, so I started making a list of things I want to eat when I'm back at home. Sloppy Joes was at the top of the list. haha. Surprised, mom and dad? No, they're not.

Language exchange was good. Athena came in with a small parcel today. I told her I wish I had a package. She told me our administrator had given her a slip and she went to collect her package at the post office. I went back to the office, and on my email there was a note from my administrator telling me to come get a parcel slip. I got excited pretty quickly, the day got sunnier, and there was more bounce in my step. haha. When I arrived at the post office, I expected to get a small parcel because it's mega expensive to ship here....but oh no. We go big or go home. When I saw how big it was, 7 sentences ran through my brain at once. They were all something like a 5 year old would say on their birthday and I wondered what marvelous things it might be. The pleasant surprises were Oatmeal To Go bars, PB, and Mike and Ikes. My cousins know me far too well. I carried the box back to the apartment in a dress, with the parcel on my shoulder. I got some weird looks, but I'm a white kid so that happens anyway. I think some people were just thinking 'American women are so strong!' That's right, suckers--Rosie the Riveter!



Other than eating too many Mike and Ikes and Oatmeal bars, the rest of the day consisted of lesson planning, Shakespeare practice, Cantonese class, and the grocery. I had a delicious PB and J sandwich and homemade egg salad-esque thing I made for dinner....and then more Mike and Ikes. Fantastic day :)

Thank you to my lovely gift givers--and here's a message (provided in thanks to my mini me and my fave mathematician) for all of you!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It was a big box because it was filled with our love!!

Chels said...

:) that's the best kind of shipment